The Boxwood Café
The Boxwood Café at The Barn Garden Centre
*** The Boxwood Café is currently closed following the latest National Lockdown ***
At this time we are not offering any takeaway drinks or food
Our Daily Menu:
Or click here for a larger version
We have had to change a few things to enable us to keep our customers and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, here's what to expect:
- Wear a face covering - Customers should wear a face covering. These can be removed once you are sitting at your table.
- NHS Test and Trace QR Code - Customers using the NHS Test and Trace App on their phones should scan the QR Code on the door to 'check in'. The QR code can be found at other points around the café too. For customers not using the app, we will still send out our short Test and Trace form for your to complete. This will be sent with your order. We now legally have to collect his information.
- Use the hand sanitiser - Please use the hand sanitiser before you enter the café.
- Follow the signs - We now have a separate entrance and exit to help keep a one way flow of traffic and help keep social distancing. Please use these correctly. When you leave the Café, please do so through the Garden Centre as it too now has a separate entrance and exit.
- Take a menu - All our menus are cleaned after each use.
- Find a table - Take a look through our menu and make your choice at the table. When you are ready to order, 1 person from you party should come to the counter wearing their face covering. Give your table number first, place your order and pay before heading back to your table where your order will be brought to you. As our premises are not licensed to sell alcohol, we can continue with our current counter service. Please always keep to the 1m+ rule when waiting at the counter.
- Enjoy - Your order will be brought to you at your table.
- Social Distance - The Government still advise us all to keep the 2m social distance wherever possible, but where the 2m distance cannot be kept, the '1m+' rule should be followed. This means you should keep at least 1m apart from those not from your household plus other factors such as wearing a face covering, extra hand washing, limiting time with people, being outdoors to name a few.
What are you doing to keep your customers and staff safe right now?
Customers should wear a face covering. This can removed once seated at your table, but should be worn when moving around the café.
Our staff are wearing face coverings when interacting with customers.
As customers enter the café, they will be asked to clean their hands using the alcohol hand sanitiser. Other bottles can be found around the café to use.
Those customers using the NHS Test and Trace App on their phones should scan the QR code found as they enter to 'check-in'. Other QR codes can found around the café. If you are not using the app on your phone, don't worry, we will still supply you with a paper version to complete. We will send this out with your order. It is now a legal requirement for us to collect this information.
We are asking customers to take a cleaned menu and find a free table. This helps to cut down queues at the counter. You should take a seat and read through the menu at your table. One member of the party should then come to the counter wearing their face covering to place the order and pay. Customers are encouraged to use contactless payments methods, although we are still accepting cash. You should then return to your table where your order will be brought to you. We will bring our short Test and Trace Form ready for you to complete with your order if you are not using the NHS Test and Trace App on our phone. Remember, customers should wear face covering when using the café, but these can be removed once you are seated at your table.
In addition to our usual stringent cleaning routines, we will be wiping down the back of each chair once a customer has finished and left their table as well as the table top. Each menu will be cleaned before it can be used again. Toilets will be regularly checked and touchpoint such as door handles, locks, tap handles will be cleaned regularly during the day. You will find anti-bacterial surface wipes in the toilets that customers can use themselves if they wish.
The entrance and exit doors will be left open when weather and temperature allows to encourage ventilation and also so customers do not have to touch the handles to open them themselves.
Single use condiments will be provided with your order - the pots of sugar and the salt and pepper pots have been removed from tables, but if you want sugar or sweetner or any other condiment, advise the member of staff at the counter when you order. We will then send these to your table with your order.
All hospitality venues in England have been asked to support the NHS Test and Trace. This means we will ask for the name and contact telephone number of the lead person from your party. This will be held for 21 days. We are asking our customers to fill in a short form with these details. We will bring this form out with your order. We will collect this from you table when we clear it. The piece of paper will be physically destroyed after the 21 day period. Customers using the NHS Test and Trace App on their phone will find QR codes around the Café to scan and 'check-in'
The Government has set our rules as to who and how many people are allowed to meet to help slow the spread of the Corona Virus. The latest rules do not allow mixing with other households indoors. Groups of 6 people are allowed to mix outside only.
We are still offering our usual 'walk in' service as we always have. To accommodate Social Distancing rules, we have had to reduce our seating indoors by a third. Therefore, we can offer some tables for pre-booking, but these will be limited to allow us to still cater for 'walk-ins'. If you would like to book a table, please call The Boxwood Café on 01832 270200 during opening hours.
Opening it's doors in May 2019, The Boxwood Café has fast become a must visit destination. Open daily, breakfast is served until 11:30 followed by our lunch menu. Our ever popular Specials Board changes daily.
To accompany your freshly made coffee or pot of tea we also offer a lovely range of cakes and sweet treats including our fresh homemade scones.
Afternoon Tea can booked at least 24 hours in advance. Please ring us on 01832 270200 to book.
Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome.
The Boxwood Café opening hours are:
|Monday||9:00 - 4:30|
|Tuesday||9:00 - 4:30|
|Wednesday||9:00 - 4:30|
|Thursday||9:00 - 4:30|
|Friday||9:00 - 4:30|
|Saturday||9:00 - 4:30|
|Sunday||10:00 - 3:30|
Please note the kitchen closes 30 minutes before the Café closing time